Marathwada Innovation Challenge (MIC) 2019
Marathwada Innovation Challenge 2019
Marathwada Innovation Challenge (MIC) – 2019 is an initiative of CMIA’s Marathwada Accelerator for Growth and Incubation Council (MAGIC) to activate a series of innovative technology based solutions for various problems. Marathwada Innovation Challenge (MIC) will bring together a range of individuals and organizations that care about building such solutions and are willing to ideate, deliberate and innovate for offering innovative solutions. CMIA’s MAGIC will pick handful of most feasible ideas and enable willing innovators/entrepreneurs in prototyping, testing and implementing to create an impact with a innovation in Marathwada Region.
Marathwada Innovation Challenge 2019 encourages all College Students, Startups and Young Innovators who have innovative ideas and big dreams about starting their own business ventures. It provides an excellent opportunity to learn from successful business leaders, to nurture their innovative idea into a powerful business model and pitch it to the top Investors/Venture Capitalist.
Agri-Innovation | Automobile | Robotics/IOT | Electronics | Clean Tech & Renewable Energy |Healthcare | Defence | Fin Tech | Biotechnology | Edu Tech | Tourism | Environmental |Solutions | Big Data/Analytics | IT and ITES | Any Innovative Solutions |
Last date to Apply: 30th July 2019
Who Can Apply?
- Applicant shall be an Individual or a Team comprising maximum of 5 members.
- Any Students and Startups having any Innovative Ideas.
- Any Start-up (Less than one year old).
- Applicant should be residing in Marathwada Region or any one Co-founder should be domicile of Marathwada Region.
- Startups from other than Marathwada Districts should be willing to start the business (Operation) in Aurangabad or relocate to Aurangabad.
- Students and Faculties from any Educational Institute.
Selection process will be carried out in 3 phases by the panel of mentors and experts.
Phase 1 – Scrutinising the Applications
Phase 2 –Pitching the Ideas to the Panel of Mentors
Phase 3 – Grand Finale and Demo Day
Panel of experts, successful entrepreneurs and domain experts will select the innovative, saleable ideas.
What will happen in MIC2019
Innovative technological solutions/ideas for social or economic problems in Marathwada Region will be presented by individuals/teams/startups that have a clear and stated intention to build and implement the said solutions in a timelined manner.
- Innovators and to-be entrepreneurs/established entrepreneurs can find the missing partners/collaborators to build the solutions relevant for Marathwada Region.
- CMIA’s MAGIC will commit Seedfund and active mentoring support to individuals/teams/startups that bring forth promising ideas and commit to implementing them on the ground.
Benefits for the participants
- Opportunity to get Incubated at MAGIC
- Cash Rewards: Cash Prizes total up to INR 500000/-
- Mentorship Support: Mentorship opportunities from Successful Entrepreneurs, Industry Leaders and Domain Experts.
- Networking Session: Networking Opportunities with Successful Entrepreneurs, Angel Investors, Industry Leaders and Domain Experts.
- Funding Opportunities: An opportunity to raise real-time funds.
- Access to workshops and training
- Product design and development support.
- Winners will get Cash Prizes, Participation Certificate and Trophy.
|Milestone/Key Event||Key Dates|
|Announcement and Press Release||25th June 2019|
|Promotion and Submission of Applications
Last date to submit the application
30th July 2019
|1st Round of Selection|
|Top 50-100 Ideas to be shortlisted||2nd – 7th August 2019|
|2nd Round of Selection|
|Top 50 teams notification with Idea Pitching Template||8th August 2019|
|Idea Pitching by Top 30 -50 selected teams.
Top 20 to be shortlisted
|16th & 17th August 2019|
|Workshop for top 20 shortlisted teams||22rd & 23rd August 2019|
|3rd Round of Selection|
|Top 20 teams Pitch their Idea to the panel of judges and mentors
|30th & 31st August|
|31st August 2019|